First, the rules:
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have about 200 or fewer followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Second, Steph’s questions:
1) What is your process of writing a post? So far it has been sit down and start typing, then revise, revise, revise. But now that I have scheduled posts for certain categories, I have found that I may need to outline them first to refocus my thoughts and keep myself on the track I wish to follow. I can be a rambling writer!
2) Which time zone are you in? CST, Central Standard, Central USA.
3) What do you like best in blogging? Feeling like I have a reason to write, even though it is not published in the traditional sense.
4) What other media are you on (facebook, tumblr, instagram) ? Facebook, Twitter (rarely), Pinterest, and probably others that I have poked my head into once or twice but forgotten about. If you find me, let me know!
5) What is your favorite meal? Dessert. Everything else is just a pre-meal. Although I sadly can’t eat as much of it as I used to! What’s up with that?
6) Savory or dessert? Which course would you miss in favor of the other? I think I have answered this question! 🙂
7) Which one is the post you are proudest of? I think it is, “That’s Not How it Was in the Book.”
8)…and why? Because it has generated a lot of interest, and because it is based on a book that I have read that my wife has not! A very rare thing, indeed.
9) Are you impulsive or ‘professional’ in your approach to blogging? Impulsive. My internet persona is much more carefree (and silly) than my in-person one. I am generally “professional” in everything I do!
10) What kind of blog would you love to discover? One from someone who loves baseball the same way I do. I’m not sure I can explain it, which is why I have yet to write about it. But I will.
11) Do you spell color/ colour with ‘o’ only or with ‘ou’? Haha! I am American, and while we have an abundance of resources here, we seem to have a terrible shortage of U’s! So, “color” it is.
Third, Jamie’s questions:
1. Would you stroll along a deserted beach, or sit and sun? Sit. Although I couldn’t sun for long. I am at peace sitting and staring at an ocean and beach.
2. Would you go on an organized cruise, or vacation; If so, where would be your dream vacation? Yes, although I don’t think my wife would want to come along on a cruise. I would love to see Europe on an organized trip.
3. If you are a person who prefers self organized travel plans, where would you go if money was not an issue? Germany. My family heritage from both sides is there, and I want to say a few prayers at the sites of Nazi death camps. I am grateful my relatives came to America before things got really ugly there. Also, my final roommate in college was from Stuttgart, and I would like to try to find him again.
4. Would you have a traveling companion, if so who would you take? Definitely my wife, we would just have to fly to get there.
5. Do you wish your writing style were different? No, but I do wish certain aspects of my knowledge were better!
6. Do you have a favourite artist, if so which of their artworks do you really enjoy? Do writers count? I don’t think I have a favorite (visual or literary artist). I enjoy so many, and like variety!
7. What do you do for exercise? I love to walk. I walk the dog a lot, but she stops too often to really call it exercise. I’m calling it that, anyway.
8. Do you enjoy crafting, which are your favourite activities. I work in a crafts store, so YES! I have learned and tried a lot of new things, but my favorite is custom framing. It is expensive to purchase, but is definitely worth the price. I like to create the designs myself from available choices of mats and frames, and I have assembled enough to know how and enjoy putting them together, as well.
9. What is your favourite vegetable and why? I have taken to spinach lately. I have always loved quiche, and have started putting spinach on my sandwiches instead of the overrated lettuce. Lettuce is fluff and of no value!
10. Where do you go, for peace and quiet? I have been to Hawaii twice, and could have sat on the lanai overlooking the Pacific the entire trip, both times. That is also expensive.
11. Name your favorite author and which of their books are among the best? The author my thoughts return to the most is Stephen King. I am about to publish a blog post about The Green Mile, and I favor one of his lesser-known stories, Rose Madder:
[Whispered and invisible mystery voice, in a dream]: “I repay.”
[The villain of the story]: “You try to repay me and I’ll give you a whole new fucking outlook.”
Fourth, My Nominees:
Finally, my questions:
1. What modern culture would you most like to learn about?
2. What is your favorite work of visual art?
3. Name the coolest thing you have done on a vacation.
4. What do you look for in a blog?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. What historical figure would you most like to meet?
7. If you had a time machine, would you go forward or backward in time?
8. If you could choose to have one super power, but it had to be something that wasn’t already taken, what would it be?
9. How many jelly beans are in the jar?
10. What is the last nice thing you did for a stranger?
11. Say something nice about your partner. If you don’t have one of those, then a friend. If you don’t have one of those, then yourself! 🙂